What to do when “WINDOWS 10 WIFI NOT WORKING”?
Call us To Fix WiFi Connection Issues: 1-877-200-2158
Installing a new window is never been a tricky process. However, setting up a Wi-Fi connection is no doubt the most complicated task. Of course, the WiFi Not working or WiFi Connected but not working is one of the most frustrating problems that one may encounter. It is no secret that modern computing depends on internet connection. In the absence of a web connection, you may several issues.
However, talking about the weak internet connection or no web connection will never bring you a solution. You have to take some important steps to get the Wi-Fi issue fixed.
Read on to learn how you can get rid of this issue permanently. Let’s proceed to get this issue fixed and take some important steps to ensure smooth functionality. Here are some general issues and their solutions for your consideration.
What If Window Claim that Wi-Fi is connected but You Have No Internet Connection?
It might be frustrating to find that window is claiming that Wi-Fi is already connected but then too your internet is not working. Generally, this issue comes due to the faulty TPS/ IP stack, DNS client resolver cache, and the IP address.
When the “Wifi connected but not working” issue occurs, you should try running window’s native network troubleshooting tool in the first place. Open the option “Settings” and then choose Update and Security. Here you will find options, and you have to click on Troubleshoot and then Internet Connections.
If the solution doesn’t look appropriate open Command Prompt and type the following commands:
- Netsh Winsock reset
- Netsh int ip reset
- Ipconfig/ renew
- Ipconfig/ flushdns
Ensure you press Enter after every command.
What If You Find That Window 10 Won’t Connect To Wi-Fi?
When you are trying to establish a connection, you may receive a message window 10 can’t connect to this network. Here you should blame your network adapter. To fix this error, you should uninstall the network adapter’s drive and let the window reinstall it automatically.
Still Windows 10 Wifi Not Working follow these steps:
- Press Window key and X simultaneously and then click on device manager.
- Right click on the network adapter and choose the option to uninstall.
- Click on delete the driver software for this device if prompted
- Restart the computer and Windows 10 will automatically start reinstalling it.
How to Find Window’s Wi-Fi Password?
If you got a new router or your ISP issued a new one, you should always find time to change the network’s default password and name. For security point of view, it is a good practice. There is also a drastic solution if you forget the password you created and the solution is you can reset the router.
Check out the steps you should follow:
- Find the Network icon on the task bar and right click for more options.
- Click on open network internet settings
- Click on change adapter option in the new window.
- Right-click on a Wi-Fi connection and choose Status.
- Click on wireless properties.
- Now, click on the security tab and mark the checkbox next to show characters.
Wi-Fi Driver Issues
The process of how to delete and reinstall your Wi-Fi driver has explained above. But, there are a couple of solutions that you can consider when you face Windows 10 WiFi not working issues with Wi-Fi driver on windows 10. You can roll back to the previous version or check for the updated one.
Here are the steps you can follow to update your Wi-Fi driver:
- click on the start menu and pick the device manager.
- Expand the drop-down menu below network adapters.
- Right-click on your adapter and hit the click on properties.
- Click on the driver tab and you will get choices either update derive or roll back the driver.
You can find the updated driver on the manufacturer’s website if the window doesn’t give you an option.
No Wi-Fi Networks Found
Make some basic troubleshooting checks before you move ahead if your Wifi not working or window machine is unable to find a Wi-Fi network. Check if router turned on and you are within range of the network.
If you are done with both, take the next step. Try updating or reinstalling the network adapter’s drive. You can also try changing the region of your Wi-Fi adapter.
Use the following steps, as it is easy to do:
- Press Windows Key + R
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Expand the network adapter section and right-click on the name of your network adapter.
- Now, choose properties and click on the advanced tab.
- Highlight the country and region.
- Choose the entry according to your location.
Note: – all network adapters have access to this property (country and region).
If windows keep dropping the network or Wi-Fi connection
If you find that windows drop the Wi-Fi connection repeatedly without any warning, network adapter power management settings could be responsible for the problem.
Here you should revoke the permission that allows windows to turn off the adapter to save power. To perform this action, you need to turn to the Device Manager again.
If Firewall prevents Connecting to the Network
The built-in firewall app either permits or block outgoing and incoming traffic to prevent malicious content from causing you harm. But, sometimes it can cause you a problem by preventing web connection for the entire computer.
You can’t say it is default behavior and perhaps you have changed the settings accidentally. No matter the reason, it is easy to fix. Here is a solution that will go with a native firewall app and third-party firewall app that you are currently running:
- Make a click on Start Menu and type command prompt.
- Right-click on the top link and choose run as administrator.
- Type netsh adv firewall and set all profiles to state off and then Tap Enter.
- Follow these steps and check if internet access is now available.
This post has covered many aspects that could prevent you from using Wi-Fi on Windows 10. You can try the solutions mentioned above and fix the errors in no time.
Wifi option not showing in windows 10, Windows 10 no wifi option in settings, Windows 10 wifi disconnects frequently, No wifi networks found windows 10, Wifi connection is not showing in windows 10, Laptop not connecting to wifi windows 10, How to fix Windows 10 WiFi won’t turn on, Fix network connection issues in Windows